Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mathematics

Mathematics is the body of knowledge centered on such concepts as quantity, structure, space, and change, and also the academic discipline that studies them. It is essential for everyone, to obtain this knowledge. Hence, it was introduced to every student in Singapore, but for some unfortunate students, Additional Mathematics has been deprived from them due to their not satisfactory performance in Mathematics. In my point of view, this shouldn't be the case as Additional Mathematics is essential for higher education and people who didn't perform well in Mathematics doesn't mean that they will definitely do badly in Additional Mathematics. For example, I took both English and Literature in my Secondary School but I failed my English and got an 'A' for my Literature. Now I need to learn Additional Mathematics on my own expenses for overseas higher learning. Since, the government have high expectation for our students, the MOE might as well combine both Additional Mathematics and Mathematics as a single subject so that students will not lose out in anyway.

No comments: